BENJAMIN JOHN OUELLETTE, INTERIOR DESIGNER
For almost 20 years, Benjamin John Ouellette has used his holistic approach to successfully improve his clients’ lifestyles by functionally and intuitively reinventing their homes and businesses. As an expert in the interior design field, Benjamin has judged various design and product competitions, been featured in publications such as Style at Home, Grand, Reno & Decor, Globe and Mail, K+B Business Magazine, Toronto Sun, Waterloo Chronicle, NKBA Magazine and most recently Interior Design Magazine. He continues to remain a top advocate for the hottest trends in the kitchen, bath and interior design industries and has traveled the world to assist international brands with their marketing strategies. With a focus on psychological design, Benjamin uses his experience and knowledge from various certifications to create happy, healthy and most importantly safe spaces that appeal to all five of the senses.
Benjamin has a number of international design and industry awards including:
• 1st place NKBA Ontario Design Awards for 'Large Kitchen'
• 1st place NKBA Ontario Design Awards for 'Small Bath'
• Zonavita Design Competition - Best Completed Large Kitchen
• 3rd placed DDA Design Awards for 'Whole Home' Project
• Finalist for DDA Design Awards 'Influencer Award'
• 1st place NKBA Ontario Design Awards for 'Best Before & After Bath;
• 2nd place NKBA Ontario Design Awards for 'Medium Kitchen'
• 3rd place NKBA Ontario Design Awards for 'Large Bath'
• 1st place National DDA Design Awards for 'Commercial Project'
• 1st place National DDA Design Awards for 'Projects Over 100k'
• 1st place NKBA Ontario Design Awards for 'Other Rooms',
• 2nd place National DDA Design Awards for 'Projects Over 100k'
• 2nd place NKBA Ontario Design Awards for 'Other Rooms'
• Honourable Mention NKBA Ontario Design Awards for 'Large Bathroom'
• 3rd place NKBA Ontario Design Awards for 'Small Kitchen'
• 1st place NKBA Ontario Design Awards for 'Large Bathroom'
• NKBA 30 Under 30 Award for outstanding professional and future leader
• 1st place Elite Design Award
• 2nd place Elite Design Award
Benjamin has presented and spoken at KBIS (Kitchen & Bath Industry Show); Participated as judge for North America's largest K&B product competition 'Best of KBIS' in 2021; advised various international manufacturers on their product and marketing plans; judged design competitions around North America and written trend reports for various publications. Benjamin has received his CLIPP certification (Certified Living In Place Professional) which qualifies him to create accessible, comfortable and safe spaces for everyone in the family; no matter their age, or physical/cognitive limitations.
As a regular world traveler, Benjamin searches for new concepts and products to assist with his designs, broaden his understanding of interior design, and offer his clients cutting-edge solutions that assist in daily life. Benjamin has worked with numerous prominent clients from all walks of life, with different aspirations and needs. Waterloo is a technological hub of Canada, allowing Benjamin to emphasize modern technology while customizing clients’ homes and provide innovative solutions from the floor up.
Benjamin’s passion for this ever-changing industry is undeniable, and he is excited about finding new ways of synthesis of interior design and technology.